Sunday, January 13, 2008
- Keeping tank clean and doing freakwent water changes
- feeding it the right food
- keep in a tank with other rainbow fish
Feeding: Feed bloodworms, flakes, or brine shrimp for best coller.
What to do in Case of Illness
- Remove fish from aquarium.
- Observe fish and take notes on its behaveor so that you can give the pet store dealer a detailed discription of its symptems.
- take fish to pet store and ask for advise on bying medicine for your fish.
- before putting fish back in the aquarium cange one-third of the water in the tank and clean the filter.
white spot disease (ich)
White Spot Disease
About a month after starting my new 25 gallon aquarium I noticed that 2 of my clown loaches had ich. Scaleless bottom dwellers like loaches will usauly be the fist to show signs of disease. The next day I went to the pet store to buy some medicine for my fish. I gave my fish there medicine once a day but the medicine was not helping and I noticed that both of my bala sharks had gotten ich to. I also noticed that one of them had a bactierial infection witch is a secondary disease that happens to weakend fish. A week later both my bala sharks had died and both of my clown loaches died. Now that all the diseased fish were gone my aquarium was back to normal. I was lucky that only four of my fish got infected. If any of your fish get ich be prepared for them to die.
Feeding: It will take flakes, blood worms, brine shrimp, and other meaty foods.
Tempreture: Any where from 75 to 83 degrees
Breeding: Egg layer
Note: When young keep in groups.
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Sunday, January 6, 2008
- Take the tank outside and wash it out with water.DO NOT USE SOAP!
- Fill tank with water. If it leaks you will need to repair it.
- Once you have checked for leaks bring tank inside and place on a sturdy table that will hold the tanks weight.
- Fill tank with gravel or sand.
- Fill tank with water and then treat the water with a any type of chlorine remover.
- Next get the filter for the aquarium. I recomend getting a filter stronger then needed, for instence I have a 25 gallon aquarium and I am using a 30 gallon filter instead of a 25 gallon filter. This way your tank stays cleaner and you can have more fish. Leave filter running for 2 weeks.
- Once you have the filter set up youwill need a heater. Put your heater in the aquarium and set to any where from 70 to 80 degrees.
- Now comes the fun part decorating your aquarium. Your aquarium needs a good balance of plants and rocks along with a place for your fish to hide. If yo want to have live plants instead of fake plants you will need a good source of light.
- Now you need to buy some fish you should start out with cheap but hardy fish in your aquarium because your aquariums water quality is not good enough yet for the large and fancy fish yet. Here is a list of fish that will do good in new aquariums: Zebra dainos, neon tetras, cardnal tetras, serpa tetras, black tetras, guppys, flying foxes, anglefish, green cory, bronze cory, panda cory three-line cory, a plecostomus, black mollies, common swordtails, and dalmatian platies. Once you have some of these fish in your aquarium after a while your water quality will enprove and you can get some large fancy fish.